Law and Order – errrrrrrrrrrred
If the fight show was staged by the students inside the law college during last November, their seniors were not far behind. They have been doing this for past 1 week in the court campus, and it has reached its climax (don’t know whether that’s the end) on Thursday, this time they have been joined by the police, who were acted as spectators during the clash between the students. They not only took part in this, but played in equal role to the lawyers. But the sad thing was this was a black mark on both the police department and the lawyers.
Its all started when they have pelted Subramaniaya Swami with rotten eggs on Tuesday, when he came to appear for a case he has filed. They have locked the court room where the hearing was happening and started to pelt the eggs at him in front of the judge. They have left the place after some hard words from the Judge. Here is the complete news.
It was said to be they have attacked Swami due to his anti-LTTE stand. However different opinions they have about it, they have no rights to attack him. Already they were protesting in support of the Srilankan Tamils (I condemn their pro-LTTE stand) by not attending the court and they were also preventing other lawyers who want to go to court and take up the cases. The Chennai High Court has been functioned for only 10 days in this year. It was like a goondaism.
Then arrived the D-day. On Thursday, when police went to arrest the lawyers who involved in the attack on Swami, lawyers have demanded the police to file a case against Swami for his caste remarks on a lawyer. Police has filed and when they proceeded to arrest the lawyers, all the lawyers were protested. And when the police started to proceed, lawyers were started to pelt the stone at the police and police too started to throw stones at them!!!!! Then police started to indulge in lathi charge and hit the lawyers and damaged some of their vehicles. Lawyers were also equal to the task, damaging the police vehicles and set ablaze the police station inside the court. The attack on the lawyers has caused waves among their community in the other districts of Tamilnadu. Some has torched the police vehicles and buses in their locality showing their angst. Nobody has accepted their crime till now and everybody were pointing their fingers at the opposite camp. Supreme Court has ordered for a CBI probe to know what is really happened. Tamilnadu CM has said that there will be political backing for this incident and this was all happening to make his government to topple. Everybody must forget this incident and move on. You can read the news here..
Watch that shameful event here:
- This was a very shameful incident happened. Police and lawyers attacking each other like a mob group forgetting that they are the ones who have protect the law and order in country.
- It seems to be lawyers were having zero tolerance when it comes to controlling their emotions. Already their attack on Swami was unacceptable and they shouldn’t have protested and attacked police, when police went to arrest the miscreants.
- If we relate the students clash and this incident, we can understand that Law College environment was in a very volatile condition and the physical attacks were common among themselves.
- Reports were telling that police has went into the court without the permission from High Court registrar. They should have planned this arrest in a better way without entering the court premises. They had many instances to arrest them. But they have chosen the least possible option. When attacking they have intentionally damaged the vehicles belong to lawyers which clearly shows that they have some(it could be more) enmity between them and this is not the behavioral way expected at them.
- Lawyers have damaged the police jeeps and torched the police station and nobody has said sorry about that. It’s a public property and didn’t they have sense while doing that. For what the hell they have studied law for 5 years and practicing for the following years. A thing that should be known to a common man wassn’t known by the lawyers.
- The bar council association of Tamilnadu which should have stripped the membership of the lawyers who are all indulged in the violence, hasn’t done that. Instead, they were demanding the removal of DGP, COP and the other officials. They are also demanding compensation for damages done to the vehicles of lawyers. They are reluctant to call the head of police ministry as he is the Tamilnadu CM. Are they going to pay the amount for the damages caused by the lawyers to the public property? They are directly supporting their violent activities. Somebody must remind them that this is not the time to show their unity. Why the respective authority can’t dissolve it, which is going against the integrity and security of the nation?
- The government which must have arrested the lawyers who have torched the buses and police vehicles and caused damage to the public property hasn’t done that yet. They fear that this may backlash at them during the coming elections. Police has just filed the case against them. I know this case will go nowhere.
- Opposition party leaders were calling this as a well executed attack carried out by the police. They were not ready to condemn the illegal acts of lawyers, as the lawyers were protesting for the Srilankan Tamils cause. We can now know what kind of things they will do if they come to power.
- You must learn how to play safe from the Tamilnadu CM Mr.Karunanidhi. On Thursday he has said that everybody must forget this incident and move on. On Friday he has said that this incident must have political backing. He hasn’t condemned the lawyers for damaging the public property and police for their improper handling of situation. The reasons for that is, if he takes any action against lawyers means he will be stamped that he is against the Srilankan Tamils cause by the opposition. He is not brave enough to arrest them and explain to the people of Tamilnadu and make them understand that on what grounds he has ordered the arrest of lawyers. He hasn’t condemned the police action because he is the minister of police department. If he does that means it’s like accepting his failure. We can’t expect from him this one, who wants to stick to the power at any cost.
It is a complete law and order breakdown and no party was sorry about what they have done. Everybody was trying to justify their case. If the government is reluctant to take some bold steps against the miscreants keeping the votes in the mind not only these can happen, much worse things will also happen.