Most welcoming move
Atlast an Indian minister has started to think in the right direction as far as education is concerned. And we must really Mr. Yashpal for coming out with coming off the age things to rejunevate the education system in India which is almost rotten now. Over-emphasis on professional degrees without any worth while jobs for any other degree completing people. We miserably failed in that. But thats a different story, now Mr.Kapil Sibal seems to be wholeheartedly accepted the reformation ideas given by the ‘The Committee to Advise on Renovation and Rejuvenation of Higher Education in India’ headed by 82-year old Mr.Yashpal who proves that age is not a problem to think youthfully. Hats off Sir!!!!!
Some of the important things which are said are:
- A common syllabus all over the nation.
- No Xth examination
- Grades going to replace ranking systems.
- FDIs invited in education system.
Let me see each and every point separately.
1. A common syllabus is a most welcoming one. We have a lot from CBSE, state board, Anglo-Indian to Matriculation(till Xth) which have different lessons and teaching. If state board is favoured in individual states, then CBSE is favored in national institutes like IIT, REC, etc.. So its always better to have a common syallbus and make each and every student equally competitive.
The committee said a plethora of regulatory bodies like UGC, AICTE, NCTE et al be replaced by a seven-member Commission for Higher Education and Research (CHER) under an Act of Parliament.
2. I always hated exams but thats not the only reason I am supporting ‘No Xth exam’. There are other exams like it puts immense pressure on both parents and students to get good marks so that they can choose their course for XI and XII standard. I hope that all the things required(Biology, Computer science, commerce, etc…) are given in equal propotion to students from 6th to 12th standard, so that they will be in a position to choose on their own interest in various courses instead of peer pressure to take some other ones, there by increasing the talent pool in wide range of areas.
3. Grades is always a better to evaluate a pesons position as ranking is confined to even 0.1% of marks and many of the students and parents will be blinded by the first mark and keep on pushing for it. Grade system helps as many students as possible to get the top one and second grade is not as bad to get. When a child says he/she is at 15th rank many will think that they were not studying well… now it eliminates this and allows them to say their grade proudly..
4. FDI Investment in our country for education will improve our schools infrastucture where the basic amenities are missing. All my wish is that all the parents were rushing to make their kid to join in a govt. school in future. When will they go for it??? if it competes with private schools. How can they?? by spending more on infrastructure and quality of teaching. This will give private schools a run for their money and will make them to reduce their fee, thereby quality education at quality price 🙂
Hope this happens… I will be really happy if it gets implemented 😀
Edited to add: This is a scheduled post friends…. but due to some mobile problem I am back to home will return back by tomorrow… so it will take sometime to reply to all your comments… 😐